Username Password: Remember me

Show Full Menu with Subs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Show Full Menu with Subs

Show Full Menu with Subs 10 years, 7 months ago #15736

• jasonladue
  • Fresh Boarder
Is it possible to have the mobile menu expand fully when opening from a root page?

I have a client that has a few sub pages (not very many) on her site. When on the desktop version, you can mouse over a root menu item and see the sub page menu links so visitors know there is more pages. On the mobile version however, it appears that it will only show the sub page menu links if you are on the parent page for that item. Is there a setting I can adjust so when some one opens the menu, it will always show the full menu? I am running Joomla 2.5.14. Mobile Joomla is updated and I have Elegance version 1.2.1 (Can't update Elegance without getting a new subscription).

Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated as my clients other option is to move everything to the root of the menu which she does not want to do.

Re: Show Full Menu with Subs 10 years, 7 months ago #15739

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
You can create second instance of your menu module, and set "open" style (Module Class Suffix) for it. Then assign original module to all pages except of homepage, and new one to homepage only.

Re: Show Full Menu with Subs 10 years, 7 months ago #15741

• jasonladue
  • Fresh Boarder
I just tried this and it did not do what I am wanting. It causes the main menu to be expanded showing all the root items, but not the sub menu items. I want the menu minimized when the page loads and the visitor clicks to open the menu as I had it, but instead of just showing root items, I want it to show root and sub menu items at the same time.

This list is an example of what I am looking for (provided it processes it and looks right). I have root menu links and under Fall Events, I have 2 sub pages. Currently, when someone opens the menu on the home page the only see the Root Items. They will see the Fall Events, but they will not be able to see Pumpkin Patches and Corn Mazes unless they go to the Fall Events page first. I want them to be able to see it all.

• Home
  • Calendar
  • Fall Events
    • Pumpkin Patches
    • Corn Mazes
  • Contact Us
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.