Username Password: Remember me

Component worked on iPhone then stopped again
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Component worked on iPhone then stopped again

Component worked on iPhone then stopped again 11 years ago #14534

• JonasN_78
  • Fresh Boarder
I have Joomla 2.5.6 running Mobile Joomla 1.2.5.1. I installed Mobile Joomla about 20 mins ago. Ran through the config and set everything up, then tested successfully. Worked a treat. Happy Days!

I've since added a page and a menu update in Joomla to reflect the change and now the desktop site is showing on my iPhone. I disabled then removed the menu addition after testing prooved fruitless. Still no MJ on phone.

I'm hosting internally from a CentOS 6.3 install running Apache 2.2.15, MySQL 5.1.61, PHP 5.3.21. Mobile - AMDD March 2013 [2.99 Mb], ScientiaMobile DB-API (AGPL) 2012-11-08 [13.67 Mb]. The site host is gammacom.com.au. The entire installation is very vanilla. No cpanel or added extras.

I've read through the FAQs to see if there is anything I could do, but nothing seems to be out of place. No menu assigned templates. No template defaults. I've even tried removing the components and reinstalling.

EDIT - I tested the user agent on the phone with these results...Your user agent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_2 like Mac OSX) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B146
Safari/8536.25 - User Agent succesfully saved. Thank you and come again.

Could you suggest anything I may try?

Thanks in advance...Jonas
Last Edit: 11 years ago by JonasN_78. Reason: New info to support post.

Re: Component worked on iPhone then stopped again 11 years ago #14540

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
There are several possible reasons that can lead to display desktop version on iPhone:

1. You switched to desktop version using "Select Markup" module or device=desktop parameter in URL.

2. You use a caching system that doesn't distinguish mobile and desktop devices (System-Cache plugin, Varnish proxy, etc.).
The following user(s) said Thank You: JonasN_78

Re: Component worked on iPhone then stopped again 11 years ago #14541

• JonasN_78
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Dryabov,

Very close. I must have swapped to desktop at some stage, but couldn't find a way to swap back on the iPhone. I fixed it by removing Safari cookies and returning to the page. Problem solved.

Now to search the forum for a desktop ?device=mobile switch for addition to the desktop template so users may switch back manually without needing to delete cookies.

Thankyou very much for the heads up.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.