Uninstall question
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Uninstall question

Uninstall question 11 years, 1 month ago #14194

• hctx19
  • Fresh Boarder
hello,

thank you for you help in advance. I am trying to uninstall completely, databases/component and everything. Runnning J2.5.9 and Mobile Joomla 1.1. I have done searches and have read that you simply uninstall the MJ "Component", but when i look in Ext Mgr in Joomla i see Mobile Joomla Plugins and Modules, but no Components. There is a "Mobile Joomla" Plug-in and a "Mobile Menu" and "Mobile Joomla CPanel Icon" Module. There are also AMDD, Forever, imode plugins and iphone, smartphone, wap and imode templates.

If so how can i clear out these other things safely, including databases(terawurfl).

Thanks for any help.
Last Edit: 11 years ago by hctx19.

Re: Uninstall question 11 years, 1 month ago #14196

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Hmm, I would install MobileJoomla (of the same 1.1 version) and then uninstall it, so that all related extensions are removed correctly. Most likely it should be faster than uninstalling them one-by-one.

Re: Uninstall question 11 years, 1 month ago #14197

• hctx19
  • Fresh Boarder
thanks for quick response...but it would be ok to uninstall all remaining plug-ins/templates/modules individually...and this would get rid of databases or would that have to be done in MyPHPadmin?

Would a full re-install/un-install get rid of databases without having to mess with MyPHPadmin?

Re: Uninstall question 11 years, 1 month ago #14198

• dryabov
  • Administrator
hctx19 wrote:
Would a full re-install/un-install get rid of databases without having to mess with MyPHPadmin?

Yes.

Re: Uninstall question 11 years ago #14408

• hctx19
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, i am working on a site migration to new host company and was going to try this on our test site before going live so i can clear out MJ plug-ins/databases. I did as you said (install same version 1.0/uninstall it) and twice now after doing so (which shows no errors during install/uninstall) i get a database restoration error in Akeeba when i try to do a test restore on my site after unistalling MJ. It happened last Friday and host co had to restore site and now it happened today. Fortunately a was able to restore to a version before MJ install/unistall. I did test Akeeba restores BEFORE doing install/uninstall and restore went fine.

Any ideas how this uninstall process is corrupting database? Would like to get MJ all the way uninstalled before flipping switch to from test to live with this site.

Also, what database prefixes does MJ install default to?

ON EDIT: I see that i have 1.1 MJ versions in Joomla backend but i installed version 1.0, as this was the version i found on local machine. Do i need to install 1.1 and try it that way? If so, where can i find that version/release?

thanks again for help
Last Edit: 11 years ago by hctx19.

Re: Uninstall question 11 years ago #14428

• hctx19
  • Fresh Boarder
any info regarding this appreciated...

Re: Uninstall question 10 years, 11 months ago #14549

• hctx19
  • Fresh Boarder
anyone...

Re: Uninstall question 10 years, 11 months ago #14797

• hctx19
  • Fresh Boarder
hello...

Re: Uninstall question 10 years, 11 months ago #14837

• dryabov
  • Administrator
hctx19, you can make dumps of your database before installing MJ and after uninstalling to check that MJ removes all tables/procedures on uninstallation. Problem with Akeeba may be because of it doesn't save MySQL's procedures. And I recommend you to use AMDD database instead of ScientiaMobile (AMDD doesn't use stored procedures, so it should be backuped/restored using any backup tools).

Re: Uninstall question 10 years, 5 months ago #16290

Hello i have Community 1.2.7 Version and I want to uninstall it from my website, how can I make the best, in which the table is in the database? Definitely I must also remove folder via FTP, I would very much like more information about this topic.

In addition, the component shows the following error in the backend which can be seen in the screenshot.

COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.