Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Elegance license and mulit-websites using sub-domains
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Elegance license and mulit-websites using sub-domains

Elegance license and mulit-websites using sub-domains 11 years, 11 months ago #9587

I am looking at setting up a website which has a number of sub-domains. Will I need to purchase a separate Elegance template license for each sub-domain? Or, does the license cover everything under the domain? Also, is this true for the Kunena extension?

www.domain.com
site1.domain.com
site2.domain.com
site3.domain.

Re: Elegance license and mulit-websites using sub-domains 11 years, 11 months ago #9615

• C00L
  • Administrator
Hi there, If subdomains are not individuals sites and a part of TLD, one license will do it. Similar goes for Kunena extension. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Re: Elegance license and mulit-websites using sub-domains 11 years, 10 months ago #9724

• rutesxbny
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry if the question has been answered, but if a subdomain is running a different Joomla! installation than in the TLD, it is necessary to purchase an specific license for this subdomain?

I'll try to give an example to be clearer.

If we consider three situations:
a) www.mydomain.com (Joomla! installation 1)
b) test.mydomain.com (it's a redirection to an specific page of Joomla! installation 1)
c) videos.mydomain.com (Joomla! installation 2)

I understand that cases A and B can work with the same license, but my question refers to situation C, with a different Joomla! website installed in a different folder and using a different database, Joomla! version, etc... But it has been installed in the TLD as a subfolder.

In this situation, in order to buy a license, what I should specifiy as a domain to create the license (following the example), "www.mydomain.com" or "videos.mydomain.com"?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Last Edit: 11 years, 10 months ago by rutesxbny.

Re: Elegance license and mulit-websites using sub-domains 11 years, 10 months ago #9744

• C00L
  • Administrator
Hi there, the point we care the most is; if the subdomain is a separate use case and if it will create additional support effort to us. In case C, since there is a different Joomla! installation, version, database, template, components etc, the problems arising with this setup would have different issues and would require separate support. Therefore it'd need a separate license. In this case, you can use the subdomain for the separate installation i.e videos.mydomain.com

You can also contact me via PM, if you have detailed question marks.

Hope helps,

Ugur.-
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.