Mobile site in subdomain
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile site in subdomain

Mobile site in subdomain 4 years, 2 months ago #21578

• sierassss
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

If my mobile site is on subdomain, where im need install "mobile Joomla" component, where im need install new mobile template and how mach licences i must buy?

do I understand correctly:
- component and plugins i must install in DOMAIN
- new template i must install in SUBDOMAIN.

YES OR NO?

;(

Re: Mobile site in subdomain 4 years, 2 months ago #21579

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Usually we recommend to create mobile subdomain as alias to the main domain (to use single Joomla installation to handle both websites without necessity to manually duplicate articles). In this case, it's sufficient to install Mobile Joomla! extension, set mobile domain name in its settings, and optionally set template to use in mobile version (by default it is preinstalled "Mobile Basic" template).

Re: Mobile site in subdomain 4 years, 2 months ago #21580

• sierassss
  • Fresh Boarder
ok but if my article is very complicated and i need to create new ones for mobile.
where do i install the template?
where do i install the component?

would your product solve it?
Regirect mobile user to mobile site

Re: Mobile site in subdomain 4 years, 2 months ago #21581

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Ok, then preferable way depends on the extent of complication. For quite simple cases it's possible to use Mobile Content to separate parts of content visible for desktop and mobile users.

And for too much complicated cases, where desktop and mobile contents differ significantly, it may be reasonable to use two different websites, but it is not the preferable way, because of one has to

1) either maintain one-to-one correspondence between articles IDs and aliases to allow redirection between desktop and mobile versions (and so, even a draft article created in one website should be duplicated in another),

2) or use two separated websites that may affect SEO negatively (e.g. Google may consider articles on one website as a duplicated content of another).

So, what do you mean by "very complicated"? Could you provide a little bit more details on the structure of your website(s)? Is it a planned project or existing one?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.