Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Mobile Joomla on Windows 8 & Tablets
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile Joomla on Windows 8 & Tablets

Mobile Joomla on Windows 8 & Tablets 10 years, 7 months ago #15745

We currently have a joomla 1.5 site with the latest free version of mobile joomla installed. The component works great but we don't want the mobile site to show up on tablets and windows 8. If we purchase the full $99 version will we be able to fix this issue. In other words, we'd like the full site to show up on Windows 8 (IE 10), ipads, and android tablets. Is this possible with the free version or do we need to buy the full version for this functionality?

Re: Mobile Joomla on Windows 8 & Tablets 10 years, 7 months ago #15754

Sorry to pressure you guys but I have a client that is really bugging me about this.

Re: Mobile Joomla on Windows 8 & Tablets 10 years, 7 months ago #15755

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Actually, in MJ Free desktop version should be displayed on tablets, if you have mobile version on tablet, check device detection plugins on mobilejoomla.com/uatest.php. MJ Pro allows to change tablet template and/or adjust settings like home menu item, etc. (there is additional "Tablet" tab similar to "iPhone" one).
The following user(s) said Thank You: pwsherrill2010

Re: Mobile Joomla on Windows 8 & Tablets 10 years, 7 months ago #15768

Is there anyway to shut off the mobile site for tablets and windows8 with the free version of mobile joomla? we DON'T want the mobile site to show up on tablets. if there isn't a way to do this with the free version, is there a way to do this with the pro version?

Re: Mobile Joomla on Windows 8 & Tablets 10 years, 7 months ago #15804

sorry to be pushy...any response to my last question?

Re: Mobile Joomla on Windows 8 & Tablets 10 years, 7 months ago #15806

• dryabov
  • Administrator
pwsherrill2010, on what tablet do you get mobile version? MJ Community should display desktop version for tablets.

Re: Mobile Joomla on Windows 8 & Tablets 10 years, 7 months ago #15808

the mobile site shows up on all tablets that i've tested on. ipads, windows 8 and android. we don't want the mobile site to show up on tablets. is there any way to turn off the mobile site for tablets with the free version of mobile joomla? and, if not, is there a way to turn off the mobile site for all tablets with the pro version of mobile joomla?

Re: Mobile Joomla on Windows 8 & Tablets 10 years, 7 months ago #15809

• dryabov
  • Administrator
What "mobile" plugins are enabled? Check Mobile-Scientia is disabled (if it is installed) and Mobile-AMDD is enabled.

Re: Mobile Joomla on Windows 8 & Tablets 10 years, 7 months ago #15811

i dont see a mobile-scentia plugin but i do however see a Mobile - TeraWURFL plugin. should i disable that one?

Re: Mobile Joomla on Windows 8 & Tablets 10 years, 7 months ago #15812

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Yes. And what version of MobileJoomla do you use?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.