Username Password: Remember me

Mobile Content Tags
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile Content Tags

Mobile Content Tags 12 years ago #8998

• jfaheygm
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello all. First I want to say that the content plugin is awesome. Solved a lot of issues. I do have one problem though. I created a table with 2 rows and am using the tag to show 2 columns on desktop and 1 column on mobile. I have achieved this, BUT, when opening the article from the back end the tags are stripped from where I have them and placed at the very top of the page in this fashion: {mobile}{/mobile}{desktop}{/desktop}. So in short, place tags, save and I'm good. Open back up and tags are moved. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
MJ version 1.0.2 and in case this makes a difference JCK editor.

Edit: After posting this saw that I was not on most current MJ so I updated to 1.0.3.1 and problem is the same.
Last Edit: 12 years ago by jfaheygm.

Re: Mobile Content Tags 12 years ago #9002

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Most likely it's a "feature" of JCK editor.

Re: Mobile Content Tags 12 years ago #9004

• jfaheygm
  • Fresh Boarder
There are two reasons I'm not sure this is accurate.
1. I am using a {loadpostion} in the same article that is not affected.
2. Wouldn't it completely strip the tags rather than move them to the top of the article?
I will try a different editor and see what happens. Thanks for the quick response. If it is the editor this post is in the wrong category. Will update in a bit.

Re: Mobile Content Tags 12 years ago #9005

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Try to set editor to "none" and test, it's more correct than using a "different editor".
The following user(s) said Thank You: jfaheygm

Re: Mobile Content Tags 12 years ago #9012

• jfaheygm
  • Fresh Boarder
Good call. Tried this and tags stay. Time to use a new editor. Thank you for your help. If anyone is using and editor they know works well with this, please let me know. Going to start by trying JCE since it has tons of options.

Re: Mobile Content Tags 12 years ago #9014

• jfaheygm
  • Fresh Boarder
Quick heads up if anyone encounters this problem. Apparently you can't use the {mobile}{desktop} tags inside of a table. The editor was moving them to the outside of the table which in my case is the top of the page. This means that now I have to create two separate tables rather than one table and use these tags on the individual row or cell. Tested on JCE and JCK. If anyone can find a way around this I would be very interested. Thanks!

Re: Mobile Content Tags 12 years ago #9020

• dryabov
  • Administrator
btw, you could try to transform table into set of float blocks, like: jsfiddle.net/xMG9P/
than you can switch to one-column layout by adding
div.td {width:100%;}
to mobile css file.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.