Loosing a menu that uses Module Type Mobile Menu
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Loosing a menu that uses Module Type Mobile Menu

Loosing a menu that uses Module Type Mobile Menu 12 years ago #8914

• danshand84
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,
I am running Mobile Joomla 1.0.2 with Joomla 2.5.4. I created a Mobile Menu in addition to my Main Menu. It is a mirror copy of Main menu for mobile devices. I also have 2 Category List overview pages (via Category List menu items) in the Mobile Menu, and a Single Article menu item, and a built in joomla contact form, and finally a Home menu item which uses Featured Article menu item type. I'm using the Mobile Menu for my main menu for mobile devices.

The 2 Category List menu items point to pages that have a list of the articles in their respective category (only articles are in the 2 categories). When clicking the article links, the overview page navigates to plain Article pages.

In addition to the Mobile Menu, I also have a hidden menu (no associated module) with Single Article menu items for each Article that the 2 Category List menu items ultimately lead to. Did this to control details of the detailed Article Layouts (i.e., what modules will be where).

I created a module for the Mobile Menu using Mobile Joomla Module Type Mobile Menu, and attached it to my Mobile Menu. For Menu Assignment, I selected all the menu items on the Mobile Menu and all the menu items on the Hidden menu.

The problem is that the Mobile Menu only displays on my Home page, and detailed Article Pages that the category overview pages ultimately lead to. It does not appear for the 2 Category List overview pages, nor for the Single Article page (that the Mobile Menu has a direct menu item for) or for the contact page.

I also found a work around that I'm using now: I set up a second Module using regular Menu Module Type, hook it up to my Mobile Menu and assign this to the menu items in the Mobile Menu. The first Module (using Mobile Menu Module type) I only assign to the Hidden menu items. Now a menu appears on all pages (although sometimes it's the Main Menu instead of the Mobile menu - this is wrong because for the Mobile Menu I added separators so it looks better. The regular Main Menu doesn't have the separators, so its hard to select on a mobile phone).

The site is dmendoza3.t15.org, but it has the work around implemented now, so you won't see the problem with loosing the menu.

Is this a known bug? Is there a fix for it? Thank you for your help.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.