Menu is unclickable for iPhone devices
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Menu is unclickable for iPhone devices

Menu is unclickable for iPhone devices 11 years, 5 months ago #12678

• LAMF
  • Senior Boarder
Help!
I can't get the menu working on iPhones after upgrading to MJ 1.2.
The menu is just visible but won't redirect you to any articles like if there wasn't any links.
It work on smartphones without any problems so what can be wrong?
My sites URL is: nowire.se

Please any help is most appreciated.

Re: Menu is unclickable for iPhone devices 11 years, 5 months ago #12780

• LAMF
  • Senior Boarder
Noone ever had these issues?

Re: Menu is unclickable for iPhone devices 11 years, 4 months ago #13082

• LAMF
  • Senior Boarder
I have upedated it to the latest version of MJ 1.2.1 but the problem with unclickable menu remain.
When I for example try it in a Firefox browser or other usual browser fr desktop/laptop:
nowire.se/?device=iphone and hover a menu item I get this URL:
nowire.se/?device=iphone#topofthepage

I have everal sites with MJ and all of them work just fine except from this one.
What can be wrong?
Please I need help with this.
Would you suggest to uninistall it and reinstall?

Re: Menu is unclickable for iPhone devices 11 years, 4 months ago #13130

• Moranezz
  • Fresh Boarder
You definitely need to try reinstall first, it seems noone else meet such a problem

Re: Menu is unclickable for iPhone devices 11 years, 2 months ago #13747

• LAMF
  • Senior Boarder
I have tried to reinstall the MJ but it won't work. The bad thing is that when I reinstall then I have to do a lot of graphic css configuration.
Personally I think it would have been great if it somehow would have been possible to keep the graphic layout even after upgrades. As it is now I have to redo all graphic stuff on all my MJ sites and I can tell  you it is not just to back up the old graphic settings in the custom.css etc, there's always some changes made that makes those settings invalid and that makes my job even more time demanding and my clients will of course not pay for my time upgrading.
This is weak from MJ and very old fashion, there must be some kind of way around this problem.
If someone has some good tips I'm all ears.
MJ people have you got any good suggestions except from buying the expensive pay-for templates?
I have started to use Artisteer templates with html5 compatibility and they work super on all devices.

Re: Menu is unclickable for iPhone devices 11 years, 2 months ago #13748

It appears to be a template-related issue: Check that you have not accidentally disabled of the iPhone template modules under the Mobile Joomla settings.

I had the same problem a few weeks ago

Thanks

Re: Menu is unclickable for iPhone devices 11 years, 2 months ago #13751

• LAMF
  • Senior Boarder
This sound so elementary that it just can't be the problem for me. I have checked the backend and I see no strane settings under the iphone tab.
Exactly what do you mean with disable the iPhone template?
How should that be done?
I haven't found anywhere that can be done and can that re4ally affect the menu navigation problems?
looking forward to hear your explanation 

Re: Menu is unclickable for iPhone devices 11 years, 2 months ago #13753

You're right, my solution is an elementary one - but sometimes thats just the best place to start.
I meant for you to check that the template modules dropdowns for the iPhone settings under the Mobile Joomla settings were correctly set (as for the Smartphone, Wap etc).

But since you mentioned that you do not see any 'strange' settings then this my solution would be void

Other than that, your best best (as has been suggested) is a re-installation and perhaps check your file level permission on your server.

I hope you get to work!

Re: Menu is unclickable for iPhone devices 11 years, 2 months ago #13759

• LAMF
  • Senior Boarder
Is there any such settings?
At least I have missed them (I mean dropwodns for the iphone)?

Well this is very strange as I have other sites on the same server with mobile joomle running on them and there the menu is working. 
And I reinstalled it already and did no settings different from the other site that's working so... this is out of hand...
Last Edit: 11 years, 2 months ago by LAMF.

Re: Menu is unclickable for iPhone devices 11 years, 2 months ago #13883

• raybackjoe
  • Fresh Boarder
Noone ever had our issues?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.