Username Password: Remember me

iPhone Issues with Rotating Device
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: iPhone Issues with Rotating Device

Re: iPhone Issues with Rotating Device 11 years, 8 months ago #11405

• kclaiborne
  • Junior Boarder
Any ideas? I have no idea where to start looking, since I'm not sure how the ScientaMobile framework works.

Re: iPhone Issues with Rotating Device 11 years, 8 months ago #11409

• kclaiborne
  • Junior Boarder
This is getting really frustrating. I know it's a free product, but I would certainly be willing to pay/donate for good support.
Last Edit: 11 years, 8 months ago by kclaiborne.

Re: iPhone Issues with Rotating Device 11 years, 8 months ago #11447

• kclaiborne
  • Junior Boarder
At this point I have disabled almost everything on the site (plugins and components) with no change. Although I noticed that when you navigate to the site in landscape, the site shows up in portrait with black on the right side to fill the space.

I really need your help because I am at a complete loss right now and this site needs to go live on the cilent's domain asap. This is the only thing holding us back.

Re: iPhone Issues with Rotating Device 11 years, 7 months ago #11456

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
The problem is that we cannot reproduce this issue.

Actually, it's possible get similar screenshots if we rotate device during page loading, but it is changed to correct look after all page's css and js files are loaded (it takes about 2-3 sec on my phone).

Re: iPhone Issues with Rotating Device 11 years, 7 months ago #11461

• kclaiborne
  • Junior Boarder
So my site on your device looks fine?

I've tried it on 3 different iPhones and it is like that on all of them. Are you navigating while in Landscape?
Last Edit: 11 years, 7 months ago by kclaiborne.

Re: iPhone Issues with Rotating Device 11 years, 7 months ago #11463

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Yes, we tested it in iPhone 4S and alternatively in HTC Wildfire S (by using ?device=iphone parameter to switch your site to iPhone mode).

Re: iPhone Issues with Rotating Device 11 years, 7 months ago #11465

• kclaiborne
  • Junior Boarder
So I understand that it's hard to figure it out if you can't reproduce the issue, but are there any extensions that are known to have issues with Mobile Joomla? I can compare to what I have on the site and see if it helps. Otherwise I'll have to scrap the whole thing and start over.

Re: iPhone Issues with Rotating Device 11 years, 7 months ago #11466

• dryabov
  • Administrator
The only idea is that issue is related to loaded javascripts that are quite heavy for mobile browser (because of iphone version of your site works fast in desktop browsers and has evident delay in mobiles).
And you have two plugins that load javascripts: Cdscriptegrator (actually, it just rearrange loading of jQuery by other extensions) and AvReloaded. As jQuery works well on mobiles (we know it because of our Elegance template uses jQuery Mobile), I'd try to disable AvReloaded plugin and test again.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.