Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Windows 7 Mobile uses which Template?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Windows 7 Mobile uses which Template?

Windows 7 Mobile uses which Template? 12 years, 6 months ago #5950

I have been doing beta testing with different handsets and I'm getting content showing up ok for most handsets but Windows 7 Mobile is causing some issues.

There was a component that I had loaded on a page that wasn't showing up on Android, Blackberry and Windows 7 Mobile. I changed the Use Head drop down menu (PDA) and this fixed the problem for Android and Blackberry but the issue remains for Windows 7 Mobile.

Can you confirm that W7M uses the PDA template? It is showing content in the same way the Android and BB device showed it when the Use Head option was set to Simplified (Text Only).

Re: Windows 7 Mobile uses which Template? 12 years, 6 months ago #5958

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Yes, W7M should use pda template ("xhtml" mobile mode, you can check mode by visit mobilejoomla.com/uatest.php).

Re: Windows 7 Mobile uses which Template? 12 years, 6 months ago #5959

Any suggestions on why WM7 isn't viewing content in the same way as Android & BB?

Re: Windows 7 Mobile uses which Template? 12 years, 6 months ago #5965

• dryabov
  • Administrator
What is url of your site?

Re: Windows 7 Mobile uses which Template? 12 years, 6 months ago #5980

newphase03.cloudaccess.net

Re: Windows 7 Mobile uses which Template? 12 years, 6 months ago #5983

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Could you explain in details what is difference? Seems homepage is the same.

Try to set "Content-Type: text/html" in MJ settings, maybe content type is significant for windows phones.

BTW, validator on newphase03.cloudaccess.net/gigs.html says that
<script src="http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&v=2&key=ABQIAAAA-OUACRkHrRTGxx1kVlCphBSZ5QjYdnvTOevRcEIA-6f7n3R-LxSK3THzeqo1COctg5OWydcOwBCRKw" type="text/javascript">

is invalid ("&" should be replaced with "&amp;"). 

Re: Windows 7 Mobile uses which Template? 12 years, 6 months ago #5985

I'll experiment with different Content-Type settings, it's 3:25am here so won't know the result until the person I know who has a W7M gets up tomorrow morning

It's the gigs.html page that is causing the issue. Can I confirm that every single "&" should be replaced with "&amp;" in that string? Which file would I find it?

Re: Windows 7 Mobile uses which Template? 12 years, 6 months ago #5987

• dryabov
  • Administrator
ScorpiousDelectus wrote:
Can I confirm that every single "&" should be replaced with "&amp;" in that string? Which file would I find it?

Yes, all &'s should be written as &amp;'s in URLs in html source (because of single & in HTML means that it will be followed by html-entity like &nbsp; etc.). Most browsers correctly process this case, but in XHTML mode it may sometimes lead to empty screen.

Re: Windows 7 Mobile uses which Template? 12 years, 6 months ago #5988

Will do, let me know the file I'm looking for and I'll update it.

Re: Windows 7 Mobile uses which Template? 12 years, 6 months ago #5991

The good news is, changing Content-Type to Text/HTML gets the component working on W7M. Thanks for that!

Just need to know which file to update those & symbols in...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.