Microsoft Mobile Edge Browser
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Microsoft Mobile Edge Browser

Microsoft Mobile Edge Browser 5 years, 5 months ago #21324

• philler82
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I'm on Version Pro 1.2.15. It's apparently not detecting any Mobile Edge browser from Microsoft. Is that covered in Version 2? I thought the model DB is global.

Thanks,
Philippe

Re: Microsoft Mobile Edge Browser 5 years, 5 months ago #21325

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Remote device database is common for MJ1.x and MJ2.x.
What Windows Phone model do you use for test? And what is its User-Agent headers (e.g. check it at www.mobilejoomla.com/uatest.php). We have several models in the database with small statistics collected to be moved to "confirmed" part of the database, but I'll try to do it manually.

Re: Microsoft Mobile Edge Browser 5 years, 5 months ago #21326

• philler82
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I asked the user. It's not even a Microsoft phone, but an iPhone with Edge browser!

Apple iPhone 8Plus Model MQ8P2ZD/A, iOS 12.0.1
Browser: Microsoft Edge Version 42.5.3.

Thanks for checking,

Philippe

Re: Microsoft Mobile Edge Browser 5 years, 5 months ago #21328

• dryabov
  • Administrator
It should be detected properly by remote device database, so if MJ Pro subscription is active, check that access to the remote device database is not disabled in settings of Mobile Joomla! Pro plugin.

As to the local device database (Mobile-AMDD plugin), we are going to release Mobile Joomla 2.1.26 soon with improved support of iOS12, but unfortunately we are not going to release updates for Mobile Joomla 1.x.

Re: Microsoft Mobile Edge Browser 5 years, 5 months ago #21335

• philler82
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I don't know if our subscription is active (I took this website over from another admin), where do I see that? It says "Remote database [Online]". Sounds like it's working, but I'm not aware that we have paid a subscription anytime recently. That could be the reason why it's not detecting this phone (and likely others neither).

So if you say you're updating Version 2 only, I wonder if I can simply pay subscription fee and then update to V 2 to be on the safe side for all newer phones. Or would this need further modifications of the site?

Thanks

Philippe

Re: Microsoft Mobile Edge Browser 5 years, 5 months ago #21337

• dryabov
  • Administrator
There are several solutions to consider:
1. Use currently installed Mobile Joomla! Pro 1.2.x and renew subscription to Mobile Joomla Pro to get access remote device database.
2. Use 1.2.x and wait for MJ 2.1.26 release, then try to extract AMDD database and files from new release and apply them to currently installed 1.2.x. I've never tried this way, but it should be possible.
3. Update to MJ 2.1.26 after it will be released, but note that MJ 2.x uses another preinstalled template (modern Mobile_Basic instead of "ancient" mobile_xhtml and mobile_iphone), so it is necessary to test a copy of your website with MJ 2.x before installing it on live website.
4. If you will choose to switch to MJ 2.x branch, consider to use Mobile Joomla! Pro 2.x as well to use remote device database.

PS. Could you PM me URL of your website? I'll open you temporary access to remote device database to be sure it works.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.