Username Password: Remember me

Yandex cache to get a mobile version of the site
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Yandex cache to get a mobile version of the site

Yandex cache to get a mobile version of the site 10 years, 10 months ago #14877

• mart765
  • Fresh Boarder
Today saw the main page of the site in Yandex cache. He saw that the cache Yandex shows mobile version. Also in the cache Yandex on other pages also got a mobile version, what to do? Joomla 1.5, the version of the mobile version - Free.

Re: Yandex cache to get a mobile version of the site 10 years, 10 months ago #14878

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Do you use latest MJ version?
Yandex bot is detected as desktop device by all device detecting plugins (AMDD, Scientia, Simple), and forced mobile URL (with ?device=xhtml or ?device-iphone parameter) has canonical link attribute (supported by Yandex from 2011).
Could you post URL of your website?

Re: Yandex cache to get a mobile version of the site 10 years, 10 months ago #14879

• mart765
  • Fresh Boarder
Do you use latest MJ version?

yes

Yandex bot is detected as desktop device by all device detecting plugins (AMDD, Scientia, Simple), and forced mobile URL (with ?device=xhtml or ?device-iphone parameter) has canonical link attribute (supported by Yandex from 2011).
Could you post URL of your website?

pro-soblazn.ru

Re: Yandex cache to get a mobile version of the site 10 years, 10 months ago #14881

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Do you use additional caching on the site (System-Cache plugin, caching proxy like Varnish, etc.)?

Re: Yandex cache to get a mobile version of the site 10 years, 10 months ago #14882

• mart765
  • Fresh Boarder
Do you use additional caching on the site (System-Cache plugin, caching proxy like Varnish, etc.)?

yes, cache cleaner plugin

mey be i have a problem, because i dont use subdomens for mobile version?
Last Edit: 10 years, 10 months ago by mart765.

Re: Yandex cache to get a mobile version of the site 10 years, 10 months ago #14885

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Looks like Yandex used nonstandard User-Agent header to grab your site content. Usually the following UA is used:
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; YandexBot/3.0; +yandex.com/bots)
and this UA is detected as desktop device by all device detecting plugins. I've found page mobilejoomla.com/ua.php in yandex's search and it was indexed using above mentioned User-Agent.

Yes, mobile subdomain may fix the issue.

Re: Yandex cache to get a mobile version of the site 10 years, 10 months ago #14886

• mart765
  • Fresh Boarder
tell me how to set up a mobile version for subdomains? If I just prescribe subdomains, mobile version does not work

Re: Yandex cache to get a mobile version of the site 10 years, 10 months ago #14887

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Mobile Joomla doesn't creates subdomains (that is it doesn't change DNS or webserver settings), but it allows you to use existing subdomains for mobile site version.
The first step to make mobile subdomain is to setup subdomain as an alias to main domain. We usually recommend to disable Mobile Joomla by unpublishing Mobile Joomla Plugin and then get your site working via both main domain and subdomain (that is subdomain displays identical page). Usually webhosters allow either to make aliases directly (there is special field in main domain settings), or indirectly via possibility to set DocumentRoot directory for subdomain identical to the main domain DocumentRoot (note that in most cases it's done at creating of subdomain and you cannot change it further).
After that you can enable Mobile Joomla and test this subdomain for mobile version.

Re: Yandex cache to get a mobile version of the site 10 years, 10 months ago #14888

• mart765
  • Fresh Boarder
Are i understand correctly, that I have to create subdomains and to register them in the settings Mobile joomla? and thats all?

Re: Yandex cache to get a mobile version of the site 10 years, 10 months ago #14889

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Yes, but subdomain should be an alias to main domain (point to the same directory, not a separate one).
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.