Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile Content

Mobile Content 11 years ago #14419

• bvtech
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Mobile Joomla!

My Name is Jamie.

We really like your work and use your component on our site. Thank you for developing great technology.

We want to use the mobile content plugin to display a message just for iPhones on our HWD media share solution.

We tried to use the {iphone} tags and it did not work. We had the mobile content plugin set to full page and tested for around an hour or so. It works fine with the {mobile} & {desktop} tags just so you know. We are creating this in a template override within the template mobile elegance if that helps.

I have included a screenshot here to give a greater overview.

Do you have any suggestion or any idea's what will work with this challenge?

Thank you,
Jamie
Last Edit: 11 years ago by bvtech.

Re: Mobile Content 11 years ago #14420

• bvtech
  • Fresh Boarder
Just to clarify on the screenshot the smartphone window in firefox there is a repeated {iphone}hello world{/iphone}, this was due to not refreshing that browser window after removing the second {iphone} tag I was testing in there. Thanks.

Re: Mobile Content 11 years ago #14426

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Do you use latest version of Mobile Content plugin?

Re: Mobile Content 11 years ago #14432

• bvtech
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi drybov,
Thank you for your fast reply.

I hadn't when I sent you the first message, and now I have downloaded and installed the latest straight from the site and the same result occurs.

I have included a screenshot here which also shows the mobile content plugin version; which is 1.2.0.1

Any advice or direction is very much appreciated, thank you.

Re: Mobile Content 11 years ago #14437

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
I see, all mobile-related tags should be embedded into {mobile} tag (and it's optional to close embdedded tags), that is

{mobile}{iphone}iPhone content{/mobile}

{mobile}{xhtml}Smartphone content{/mobile}

{mobile}{iphone}iPhone content{xhtml}Smartphone content{/mobile}

PS. And note that smartphone content corresponds to {xhtml} tag.

Re: Mobile Content 11 years ago #14449

• bvtech
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for your help, and fast response.

So it looks good.

One thing I wanted to clarify is the smartphone content. You mentioned it corresponds to the {xhtml} tag:

-so is this why in this screenshot the iPhone content still displays and the smartphone content is hidden when I test in the browser with the device query "smartphone"?

-will it hide the iPhone and display smartphone content when viewed in android and windows phones?

Thank you again for your support.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.