Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Mobile Version being defaulted on Desktop PC's
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile Version being defaulted on Desktop PC's

Re: Mobile Version being defaulted on Desktop PC's 11 years, 2 months ago #13317

• mtechsteve
  • Fresh Boarder
Actually, I take that back. Now it's back to browser not working correctly, mobile is and that was me just testing it one more time and not touching anything. Still have Domains and ScientiaMobile disabled.

Re: Mobile Version being defaulted on Desktop PC's 11 years, 2 months ago #13318

• mtechsteve
  • Fresh Boarder
and now once again, without touching anything, I am back to the Browser working properly, but the Mobile giving a white screen...

Re: Mobile Version being defaulted on Desktop PC's 11 years, 2 months ago #13319

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Most likely there should be related fatal errors in error_log file.

Re: Mobile Version being defaulted on Desktop PC's 11 years, 2 months ago #13320

• mtechsteve
  • Fresh Boarder
Not getting any errors on the Mobile Joomla setting main screen, where would I find this "error_log" file?

Re: Mobile Version being defaulted on Desktop PC's 11 years, 2 months ago #13322

• dryabov
  • Administrator
mtechsteve wrote:
Not getting any errors on the Mobile Joomla setting main screen, where would I find this "error_log" file?

It depends on server's setup. Usually in parent directory of website root.
What kind of hosting do you use?

Re: Mobile Version being defaulted on Desktop PC's 11 years, 2 months ago #13324

• mtechsteve
  • Fresh Boarder
This particular domain resides on a 1&1 server.

I think the issue has to do with ScientiaMobile...when I disable that, it doesn't work on Mobile but when I enable it, it doesn't work on Desktop...

It just doesn't make sense as to why it's not automatically detecting, because as I stated in my first post, everything I read said Mobile Joomle does no effect Desktop version at all....

Re: Mobile Version being defaulted on Desktop PC's 11 years, 2 months ago #13325

• dryabov
  • Administrator
I don't know how 1&1 works, it may be that they strip User-Agent header that is used to detect mobile devices. And Mobile-ScientiaMobile detects "unknown" user-agent as mobile device, and Mobile-AMDD detects it as desktop device. You can upload to your site simple php script to check it (visit it to get User-Agent header and compare it with mobilejoomla.com/ua.php):

<?php
echo 'User-Agent: '.$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'];
?>

Re: Mobile Version being defaulted on Desktop PC's 11 years, 2 months ago #13326

• mtechsteve
  • Fresh Boarder
Header from PHP file I just uloaded to server:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0

Header from website:
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0

Look the same to me, so I doubt it is anything on 1&1's end, especially since I know for a fact that we used to have sites using Mobile Joomla! without an issues...

Any other thoughts? I appreciate all the help...but I really would like to get this resolved....

Re: Mobile Version being defaulted on Desktop PC's 11 years, 2 months ago #13327

• dryabov
  • Administrator
I have no other thoughts. Can you send me ( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) a backup of your website (files+sql dump) for local testing?

Re: Mobile Version being defaulted on Desktop PC's 11 years, 2 months ago #13351

• mtechsteve
  • Fresh Boarder
I just got off the phone with 1&1 support and they told me that it's got to be an extra step in the installation process for it to work on a virtual server. He said probably adding something to the htacess file or even index.html. What are your thoughts on this???
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.