Username Password: Remember me

Mobile Version being defaulted on Desktop PC's
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile Version being defaulted on Desktop PC's

Mobile Version being defaulted on Desktop PC's 11 years, 2 months ago #13292

• mtechsteve
  • Fresh Boarder
I have seen this problem being posted all over this forum and have not seen the solution. This is very frustrating. I downloaded and installed Mobile Joomla and it works like it should, the page displays great on any phone. However, n the Desktop version, it automatically defaults to the Mobile version as well, and won't switch unless I click "Standard Version" at the bottom. Everything I read it says "Mobile Joomla does not effect Desktop version" but clearly it does!

WHAT IS THE SOLUTION FOR THIS?!?!?!?!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Re: Mobile Version being defaulted on Desktop PC's 11 years, 2 months ago #13296

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
What browser do you use?
Could you visit mobilejoomla.com/uatest.php and post here content of that page?
Did you switch to mobile mode using switcher module or ?device=xhtml url parameter?

Re: Mobile Version being defaulted on Desktop PC's 11 years, 2 months ago #13297

• mtechsteve
  • Fresh Boarder
I tried it in pretty much all broswers, Firefox, Chrome, IE, Safari...none of which showed the desktop version, until I click on "Standard Version" at the bottom...this happened on both Mac and PCs both in my office and also in my clients as well, so it is not just a fluke thing on my browser here...

This is what I see when I go to that link you posted: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0

I have no other modules installed, I literally installed Mobile Joomla and didn't touch anything else....I thought it was having Mobile Forever enabled but I disabled that and still did not work.

Re: Mobile Version being defaulted on Desktop PC's 11 years, 2 months ago #13303

• dryabov
  • Administrator
What is URL of your site?

Re: Mobile Version being defaulted on Desktop PC's 11 years, 2 months ago #13309

• mtechsteve
  • Fresh Boarder
www.santangelosalon.com/

I do not want to keep Mobile Joomla! enabled for too long since the Desktop version isn't working so if you could take a look and let me know if you have any ideas as soon as you can so I can disable it again, I would greatly appreciate it.

Re: Mobile Version being defaulted on Desktop PC's 11 years, 2 months ago #13310

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Do you have warnings on MJ settings page (at right top corner of General tab content)?

Re: Mobile Version being defaulted on Desktop PC's 11 years, 2 months ago #13311

• dryabov
  • Administrator
And list all enabled plugins of mobile group (including "ordering" values).

Re: Mobile Version being defaulted on Desktop PC's 11 years, 2 months ago #13312

• mtechsteve
  • Fresh Boarder
No warnings what so ever...

Plugins:
Mobile Joomla - Enabled - Order: -99
Mobile Simple - Enabled - Order: 7
Mobile ScientiaMobile - Enabled - Order: 0
Mobile Forever - Disabled - Order: 8
Mobile Domains - Enabled - Order: 9
Mobile - AMDD - Enabled - Order: 0

Re: Mobile Version being defaulted on Desktop PC's 11 years, 2 months ago #13315

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Try to disable Mobile-Domains and Mobile-ScientiaMobile plugins, clear cookies in browser, clear #__mj_amdd_cache table in DB, and test again.

Re: Mobile Version being defaulted on Desktop PC's 11 years, 2 months ago #13316

• mtechsteve
  • Fresh Boarder
That worked as far as the website displaying correctly on the Desktop browser, however, I now have a white screen on the Mobile side of things and my page says "Untitled"...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.