Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Deactivating the detection function or force version selection?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Deactivating the detection function or force version selection?

Deactivating the detection function or force version selection? 11 years, 8 months ago #11218

• Yussi
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I don't want to come across as whining. But regretfully, the detection doesn't work without flaws. E.g. when using my HTC Desire Z and its default browser, I'm being served the desktop version of the site.

In a way, I can live with that if there was a option for me to select correct version manually.

So, my questions are:

1. Are there any way to successfully force Joomla to serve the site version that the user prefers by simply clicking a button?
2. Are there any way to completely deactivate the detection function and allow the user to select version instead?

Cheers
/Y
Last Edit: 11 years, 8 months ago by Yussi.

Re: Deactivating the detection function or force version selection? 11 years, 8 months ago #11221

• Yussi
  • Fresh Boarder
SOLVED!

Typically, I found the solution five minutes after starting this thread. 

I finally understood what the module "Select markup" was all about. I copied it, placed one in the mobile version pointing to the desktop version and the other copy in the desktop version poining to the mobile version.

Works lika charm.

Case closed!

/Y
The following user(s) said Thank You: pdeleeuw
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.06 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.