Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Mobile Joomla No Longer Detecting iPhone After Update to 1.1.0
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile Joomla No Longer Detecting iPhone After Update to 1.1.0

Mobile Joomla No Longer Detecting iPhone After Update to 1.1.0 11 years, 9 months ago #10229

• Ceresia
  • Fresh Boarder
Mobile Joomla was working just fine on the iPhone until I upgraded to version 1.1.0. Now the iPhone is not being detected at all and shows only a blank screen when I try to load the page. I have tested it on the smartphone and all seems well.

I have no idea at all what has happened and am desperate to get MJ back working for the iPhone. If anyone has any clues I would be so grateful. The site is frenchrentalholidays.co.uk

Thank you to anyone who can offer any advice. It's most likely something very simple!

Re: Mobile Joomla No Longer Detecting iPhone After Update to 1.1.0 11 years, 9 months ago #10233

Same issue here.

Re: Mobile Joomla No Longer Detecting iPhone After Update to 1.1.0 11 years, 9 months ago #10238

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Could you redownload and reinstall MJ1.1? There was a fix in Mobile-AMDD plugin in few hours after initial release (though that fix affects backend and not fronend).

Do you have related error messages in your error_log file?

Re: Mobile Joomla No Longer Detecting iPhone After Update to 1.1.0 11 years, 9 months ago #10288

• Ceresia
  • Fresh Boarder
I have uninstalled the latest update and have reverted to TWO previous versions. Both of the previous versions now have the same issues. The iPhone just shows a blank page - well, it's not entirely blank. It's a pale blue pin-striped screen.

This is very frustrating. The website was displaying beautifully on the iPhone and I really loved this extension. Now I have had to resort to disabling it because I can't risk folk not being able to access my website on the iPhone. Rather the full web version than nothing at all.

Really do wish I knew what the issue was here.

Re: Mobile Joomla No Longer Detecting iPhone After Update to 1.1.0 11 years, 9 months ago #10456

• grantiago
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello: I am having the same problem. i phone template is showing the regular page. j 2.5.6 mobile joomla 1.1.0
the android template looks great! 

Re: Mobile Joomla No Longer Detecting iPhone After Update to 1.1.0 11 years, 9 months ago #10483

• grantiago
  • Fresh Boarder
Whoops. Mobile Joomla is detecting the I Phone. The online simulators are not. if you go to  iphone4simulator dot com it shows the desktop version of my website.

I saw a link in another thread here to test the useragent. www.mobilejoomla.com/uatest.php if I enter that into whatever online simulator it reports back that I am using whatever browser -- desktop -- that the simulator is open in and not an i Phone. 

So for testing purposes, install a copy of safari, and go >developer > user agent > mobile safari x.x i phone 
I have a screen shot but don't see the option to attach here. 
found it.
great extension. great forum. thanks! when you lower the price of the ele. template I'll buy it  
Attachments:
Last Edit: 11 years, 9 months ago by grantiago. Reason: needed full editor for attachemnt

Re: Mobile Joomla No Longer Detecting iPhone After Update to 1.1.0 11 years, 9 months ago #10537

not sure if i should create another thread, but im also having issues with mobilejoomla not picking up mobile devices. It works fine on iPhone but hasn't work with the android phones ive tried.
Im using Mobile Joomla:
Mobile - AMDD June 2012   [2.49 Mb]
ScientiaMobile DB-API (AGPL) 2012-03-26   [12.00 Mb]

Also my error_log was huge a few days ago (like 100MB), attached is my error log for the past few days.

Thanks!
Attachments:
Last Edit: 11 years, 9 months ago by morroccomethod.

Re: Mobile Joomla No Longer Detecting iPhone After Update to 1.1.0 11 years, 9 months ago #10538

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
morroccomethod, set MySQL4/Legacy mode in settings of Mobile-Scientia plugin.

Re: Mobile Joomla No Longer Detecting iPhone After Update to 1.1.0 11 years, 9 months ago #10570

thanks!

will that also clear up the problem of picking up android devices, or is it only going to fix the error_log

Joomla mobbile update, can't fin the plugin scientia mobile 11 years, 9 months ago #10774

• Flore
  • Fresh Boarder
hello, joomla mobile not working in my android, I have the web site in Aruba. I can 't find the scientia mobile plugin. but only the AMDD
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.