Site broken after Mobile Joomla update failed
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Site broken after Mobile Joomla update failed

Site broken after Mobile Joomla update failed 12 years, 1 month ago #7804

• DaaT
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I received today your e-mail about an "important security and stability update" and logged onto my site's backend to update it. However after clicking "Update" it failed and advised me to download it manually. 

The problem is now the site doesn't load, same thing with the backend. The frontend gives me this error:

Warning: require_once(/home/xxxxx/xxxxxxxx.com/administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/classes/mobilejoomla.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/xxxxxxx.com/plugins/system/mobilebot.php on line 40

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/xxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx.com/administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/classes/mobilejoomla.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/xxxxxxx/xxxxxx.com/plugins/system/mobilebot.php on line 40

While the backend gives out this error:

Warning: include_once(/home/xxxxx/xxxxxxx.com/administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/admin.mobilejoomla.html.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/xxxxxx.com/administrator/modules/mod_mj_adminicon/mod_mj_adminicon.php on line 26

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/xxxxx/xxxxxxx.com/administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/admin.mobilejoomla.html.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx.com/administrator/modules/mod_mj_adminicon/mod_mj_adminicon.php on line 26

Fatal error: Class 'HTML_MobileJoomla' not found in /home/xxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxx.com/administrator/modules/mod_mj_adminicon/mod_mj_adminicon.php on line 27

Any idea on what could have caused this and most importantly how to solve it?

Thanks.
Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by DaaT.

Re: Site broken after Mobile Joomla update failed 12 years, 1 month ago #7807

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
It means that MJ wasn't updated correctly. Try to reinstall it again, and if it doesn't solve the problem, try to uninstall MJ and then install it again (but in this case all MJ settings will be reset to default).

Re: Site broken after Mobile Joomla update failed 12 years, 1 month ago #7808

• DaaT
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for your reply. The problem is, I now am unable to login to my site's backend... correction, I can login but the backend's index page is the one giving out the 2nd error I pasted above, so no site control panel.

Edit: right, managed to get to the components page and reinstall it, which fixed the problem, so thanks for the suggestion. However I got lucky because I had the url in my browser history. MobileJoomla if you don't mind me saying, should be able to exit elegantly from a failed update instead of bringing the whole site down.

In any case, thanks for your work on MobileJoomla, I like it
Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by DaaT.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.