Username Password: Remember me

Smartphone content vs Non-Smartphone content
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Smartphone content vs Non-Smartphone content

Smartphone content vs Non-Smartphone content 11 years, 11 months ago #9728

• ctm
  • Fresh Boarder
Some xhtml phones don't support javascript, although they all will use the mj_smartphone template because they are regarded as 'modern' phones, and where one can still make it look nice with normal css, but what does one do when you want to use a feature on a page that will have javascript functionality (for example a submit button that does a normal post versus a submit button with an onClick event), is there a way of differentiating between content that can handle this and content that can't ? (i'm not talking about smartphone template versus imode template)

Similar to the mobile content plugin like for example if we can have this:
{mobile}
{smartphone}
smartphone/pda/modern phone content is here
{featurephone}
content for old phones that use the smartphone template which can't support javascript etc is here
{/mobile}

Please help anyone ?!

Re: Smartphone content vs Non-Smartphone content 11 years, 11 months ago #9745

• ctm
  • Fresh Boarder
nevermind....we took the mobile content plugin and expanded upon it, using the $MobileJoomla_Device capabilities etc, we now can test for certain things like (has javascript, screen width etc)...

and we only use these tags inside the content:
{smartphone}
smartphone content here

{featurephone}
featurephone content here

if anyone also wants this, let me know...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.06 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.