Multi-language support
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Multi-language support

Multi-language support 12 years, 6 months ago #5340

• dandicat10
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi All,

I'm having issues setting up Mobile Joomla! to support multiple languages.

I have a Joomla! 1.7 website set up with multiple languages and I recently installed Mobile Joomla! .The desktop web site works fine with multiple languages using Joomla!'s language native support (i.e. I have created a Menu for each language and assigned these Menus to language-specific modules, etc...). Unfortunately, I can't get the mobile web site set up with Mobile Joomla! to work with multiple languages.

Specifically, the Mobile Menu is only displayed in one of the languages, the language of the home page configured in "Mobile Joomla! Settings" > "Homepage" . When I switch to the other languages, the Mobile Menu disappears.

Does any one know whether the Mobile Joomla! templates support multiple languages? If so, can anyone explain to me how to configure Joomla! or Mobile Joomla! correctly or point me to a link that explains it (I have done some research myself and couldn't find anything)?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

DC10
Last Edit: 12 years, 6 months ago by dandicat10.

Re: Multi-language support 12 years, 6 months ago #5359

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Does MobileJoomla 1.0RC3 have this issue too? (there was a minor fix to keep language on homepage)

Re: Multi-language support 12 years, 6 months ago #5524

• dandicat10
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I have tried with version RC 1.3 but I couldn't get it working.

Only the Home menu defined in Mobile Joomla! Settings shows up. When I switch to other languages the appropriate Menu for that language is not displayed.

If anyone has managed to make it work please let me know!

- DC10

Re: Multi-language support 12 years, 5 months ago #5716

• kayy
  • Fresh Boarder
Have a look at susipop's workaround in www.mobilejoomla.com/forum/3-general/5659-multilingual-site-qsubmenu-onlyq-option-doesnt-work.html#5687

I haven't tried it yet, but she managed to get her site's menus displayed in both languages.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.