Mobile site through subdomain only
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile site through subdomain only

Mobile site through subdomain only 12 years ago #8857

• sepus
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I just installed Joomla mobile and it works perfectly.
But now the mobile-site is automatically used, even if I go to the www.domain.com URL.
Is there a way to configure the mobile Joomla that way, that the domain m.domain.com goes to the mobile template, but the URL www.domain.com still stays on the standard website?
Ideally the mobile user is asked, if he want to get redirected to the mobile version, when accessing the standard version?

Thanks for you help
Thomas

Re: Mobile site through subdomain only 12 years ago #8862

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
MJ should redirect mobile users to domain set in Advanced Settings tab of MJ settings page.

Re: Mobile site through subdomain only 11 years, 10 months ago #9987

• snahpets
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
but there is one question left to me.
Isn't there a possibility to ask the mobile user if he want to see the mobile version?
Would be great!

Stephan

Re: Mobile site through subdomain only 11 years, 9 months ago #10560

• faile89
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi
I don't know where I do wrong, but in advanced setting, I put in

DOMAIN :
URL : www.mydomaine.com

SUBDOMAINS
m.mydomaine.com

The problem is that the site goes every time ( on my computer ) on the mobile domaine. I just want people using a phone to go to the m.domaine.com site....

Help, please

Re: Mobile site through subdomain only 11 years, 2 months ago #13616

• fidoboy
  • Fresh Boarder
Very interesting question, it could be very useful to have a new option to enable the mobile site ONLY if user go to the mobile subdomain, without redirecting. For example, if user types www.mydomain.com ALWAYS should use the main template for desktop site BUT if user types m.mydomain.com then mobilejoomla should show the mobile template that has been selected for that subdomain. 

It shouldn't be very dificult to do; i'm trying to change the code to have this behaviour. A bit of help could be great. What do you think dryabov?

regards,

Re: Mobile site through subdomain only 10 years, 2 months ago #16918

• sallyr
  • Fresh Boarder
I have mobile joomla installed on my mywebsite.com domain. I created a subdomain iphone.mydomain.com but it is now redirected to the mydomain.com. When I launch my website mydomain.com on iphone, it automatically goes to the mobile version. I am trying to understand why or what I should do with the subdomain. Please explain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.