Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Does Mobile Joomla support this?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Does Mobile Joomla support this?

Does Mobile Joomla support this? 12 years, 6 months ago #5832

Hi,

I have a Joomla 1.5 website. I have a subdomain setup in m.mysite.com. My requirement seems simple, but I am not sure on how to about it.

I have a custom mobile optimized html code in the "m" folder/subdomain. I want mobile devices to switch to that folder. I dont want the mobile website to have any link with the joomla site, i am perfectly okay with maintaining the custom html code in the m folder.

I want mobile users to be able to switch to the full version of the site by a link and automatically go to the mobile site/subdomain when they browse through their mobile browsers.

How can I accomplish this?

Many thanks.
Aron.

PS: I tried searching in forums/google but could not find anything relevant to my requirements. It seems simple but apparently I am not able to do it. Here is hoping someone could help point me in the right direction. 

Re: Does Mobile Joomla support this? 12 years, 6 months ago #5933

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
angmocummer wrote:
I have a custom mobile optimized html code in the "m" folder/subdomain. I want mobile devices to switch to that folder. I dont want the mobile website to have any link with the joomla site, i am perfectly okay with maintaining the custom html code in the m folder.

You can set up any site on mobile subdomain, but note that MJ keeps "path" part of url on redirects (it just change domain name only). Actually, it's possible to change Mobile-Domain plugin to redirect exactly to address from "Domain name" field.

angmocummer wrote:
I want mobile users to be able to switch to the full version of the site by a link and automatically go to the mobile site/subdomain when they browse through their mobile browsers.

It's done with http :// yoursite.com /?device=desktop URL.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.06 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.