Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

How to remove footer text containing joomla copyright info
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to remove footer text containing joomla copyright info

How to remove footer text containing joomla copyright info 4 years, 4 months ago #425

• bhupendra
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I want to remove joomla copyright info from footer of mobile joomla.

It always shows this:-
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.
Mobile version by Mobile Joomla!

I want my college's info instead of this.How I can do this?Is it allowed?

How to remove footer text containing joomla copyright info 4 years, 4 months ago #1961

• bhupendra
  • Fresh Boarder
I have discovered how to do this.
Open in file manager <your joomla installation dir>/administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/markup
Then modify line no.74 of chtml.php, line no. of 60 of iphone.php, line no. 99 of wml.php & line no. 145 of xhtml.php by removing
<?php echo JText::_('Mobile version by');?> <a href="http://www.mobilejoomla.com/">Mobile Joomla!</a>
Then open <your joomla installation dir>/libraries/joomla/version.php.Modify line no. 43 to
var $URL     = '';
this.

This will remove joomla and mobile joomla info.It applies to version 0.9.6 of mobile joomla.Although I am concerned about is it allowed/legal or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: skorpland, beautyartists, viktor93, alexwebdeveloper

How to remove footer text containing joomla copyright info 4 years, 4 months ago #1983

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
bhupendra, just set "Show Joomla! footer: No" in MJ settings (in each of template tabs).
The following user(s) said Thank You: ekpott, jimbob69, faulk511

SOLVED: How to remove footer text containing joomla copyright 2 years, 9 months ago #7742

• davesage
  • Junior Boarder
Update: found it - it was in the ad remover plugin - didn't think of looking there, but this removes the footer copyright as well as the ads. Great.

Hi,

I hope you can help me, I'm a noob to Mobile Joomla with J2.5 and Mobile Joomla 1.0.1

I want to remove this footer text as well, where is the 'Show Joomla! footer: No' setting in this version, I've looked in the component settings and the modules but can't find it?

Thanks for your time,

Dave
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by davesage.

Re: SOLVED: How to remove footer text containing joomla copyright 2 years, 9 months ago #7751

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Yes, in versions prior to 1.0 there was a setting "Show Joomla! footer" in MJ settings page, but starting from 1.0.1 it has been moved to Ad Remover plugin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ekpott

Re: How to remove footer text containing joomla copyright info 2 years, 6 months ago #9714

Is this information still current for 1.0.3.1?

I can't find the plug-in in my plugins manager.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by mediart2012.

Re: How to remove footer text containing joomla copyright info 1 year, 10 months ago #13728

• Aiden
  • Fresh Boarder
It is possible to delete it in 1.2version? Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.

Re: How to remove footer text containing joomla copyright info 1 year, 10 months ago #13729

• dryabov
  • Administrator

Re: How to remove footer text containing joomla copyright info 1 year, 10 months ago #13749

A more elegant solution would be to set a Language overrides in Joomla's language manager plugin:

Set the default constant (i had to grep the footer text to find this)
COM_MJ__MOBILE_VERSION_BY

And give it some replacement text:
"my new footer blah blah blah copyright 2013"

Much better than hacking templates in the Mobile Joomla core.

Re: How to remove footer text containing joomla copyright info 1 year, 8 months ago #14302

Does the "Remove Support Ads" module just remove the ads, or does it also remove the Joomla and Mobile Joomla copyright footers? What I want to get rid of is the following:
"Joomla is Free Software and released under the GNU General Public License. Mobile version by Mobile Joomla!"
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds