Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

in iphone simulator it shows the normal website?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: in iphone simulator it shows the normal website?

in iphone simulator it shows the normal website? 11 years, 9 months ago #10043

• wschaepe
  • Fresh Boarder
I am using an iphone simulator and I have to scroll both ways to see the site. I am looking at the normal site but in a small window. It looks fine in a HTC smartphone. I need to see the mobile version on the iphone. What am I doing wrong or what am I not doing? The URL is www.rerun.org and I am using the iphone4simulator.com/ simulator.

I have tried all sorts of variations and can't seem to make mobile joomla work on the iphone. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: in iphone simulator it shows the normal website? 11 years, 9 months ago #10044

• wschaepe
  • Fresh Boarder
Now it works too good. I get the mobile Joomla in the Iphone simulator (/?device=iphone) and when I look at the site www.rerun.org in a browser, I also see the mobile joomla. When I enable Moblie Joomla! plugin this is what I get. If I disable the Mobile Joomla plugin then I see the normal view in the browser. But also I see the normal view for ?/device=iphone. I can't figure out what is the problem.

Re: in iphone simulator it shows the normal website? 11 years, 9 months ago #10293

• Dion
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, 

I have the same issue...  

when the Mobile Joomla! Plugin is enabled the Mobile Joomla template is displayed on the Desktop Browser, when the Mobile Joomla! Plugin is disabled then the normal desktop Joomla template is displayed.

Using Joomla 1.5.26 + RockTheme Template with Mobile Joomla! 1.1.0, Mobile Joomla! Plugin 1.1.0 and the Elegance Template 1.0.14

Hope this issue can be resolved soon.

Re: in iphone simulator it shows the normal website? 11 years, 9 months ago #10295

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Dion, most likely you switched to mobile version via Select Markup module in frontend or template preview in backend. Just enable MJ plugin and visit yoursitedomain.com/?device=desktop to reset your browser to desktop version.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dion

Re: in iphone simulator it shows the normal website? 11 years, 9 months ago #10297

• Dion
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the quick replay, but this happens on all desktop computers when the Mobile Joomla! Plugin is enabled even on computers that I have not used previously...

I have disabled the Mobile Joomla! Plugin so the standard Joomla desktop template can load on the desktops.

I'm going to uninstall and re-install Mobile Joomla! and the Mobile Joomla! Plugins and will try again...

Any other ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Dion.

Re: in iphone simulator it shows the normal website? 11 years, 9 months ago #10298

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Do you use some caching extension (or caching proxy as frontend to main server)?

Re: in iphone simulator it shows the normal website? 11 years, 9 months ago #10299

• Dion
  • Fresh Boarder
I uninstalled and re-installed Mobile Joomla! cleared all the caches and it looks like its working now, not displaying Mobile Joomla! to desktop browsers, and the Mobile Joomla! is loading on the iPhone, but I'm now getting a 404 error saying page not found on the iPhone...

In the Mobile Joomla! component I have selected a home menu link for the Force as homepage in the General and iPhone settings, is this correct?

Dion.
Last Edit: 11 years, 9 months ago by Dion.

Re: in iphone simulator it shows the normal website? 11 years, 9 months ago #10300

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Dion wrote:
but I'm now getting a 404 error saying page not found on the iPhone...

What is URL of that page?

Dion wrote:
I have selected a home menu link for the Force as homepage in the General and iPhone settings, is this correct?

There is no need to set "homepage as homepage", because of it's by default (and keep that field empty should be more fast and stable).

Re: in iphone simulator it shows the normal website? 11 years, 9 months ago #10301

• Dion
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks again for the quick replies.

It's all working again now, I'm using sh404Sef! that looks like was causing the 404 error and caching issues.

I have disable the sh404Sef! cache setting and its all working properly again.

Thank you.

Dion.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.